Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One Of Those Near Misses

PortMantle is a Portmanteu

So, on Monday I was supposed to head down to Boeing Field where our piloted simulator is to do some testing.  Since the test pilots were on board a real plane however, that didn't happen.  Which is just as well, because a gang related shooting apparently decided to pop up on the freeway where I would've been driving.

This morning I went to a mentoring meeting with an executive who is an RPI alumni and we talked about my future career at Boeing.  Good stuff, a lot of great advice.  I think people might be lying about the weather being nice in the summer though, because he said last year and this year that this was by far the worse summer weather he'd seen in his 30 some odd years here...

Then we actually went to the simulator.  While I was eating lunch in the cafeteria, the Blue Angels zoomed by as they are practicing their routine for Seafair.  So that was pretty neat.  You could see them regrouping way off in the distance and then zoom by.  And then coming home from Boeing Field we didn't get shot!  Whoo!

I also signed up for a gym membership... I should probably like actually go to the gym one of these days.  I was also supposed to go sailing today, but the simulator session ran over and I didn't get a chance to do that.

I tried cooking garlic chicken last night, and despite opening all the windows and turning on all the fans my apartment STILL smells like garlic.  I've locked my clothes in my closet and stuffed it with dryer sheets to hopefully keep everyone at work from knowing I hunt vampires in my spare time.

Also bought the highest rated book on Motorcycle Maintenance on Amazon to peruse.

I will now leave you with four craigslist things I feel like I should own.

1950 Crosley for $2.5k

Yes it is an awful color, and yes the engine block is smaller than a toast, but you don't see them that often.  And watching DW get into it would provide endless hours of entertainment.

1958 Ford F-100 for $4.5k

Just a little too new for me, but looks to be in decent shape and the price is pretty reasonable.

1937 Studebaker Dictator for $9.5k

So I definitely can't afford that.  But just look at it.  So many wimmenz.

1947 Ford Cabover for $8k

No doubt, this is ugly as truck.  But I've never seen one before.

2 comments:

  1. I like that Studebaker! Also, the cabover actually looks awesome and I've never heard or one. I like how 1958 is too new for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, fine job on not getting shot. I like my Ian's like I like my used cars, no random bullet holes...

    ReplyDelete