Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Outdated PCB Design Software and Lesbians.

I've been using this software called Protel a bunch at work lately. It's super old and you can't buy it anymore, my version is Protel 99, that's right baby 1999. Long story short, it is not intuitive and buggy.

Came home and tried to do a little on the bus but it was threatening rain and the wire wheel that I bought for my grinder was the wrong size.... whoops. Sprayed a little paint on the spot on the floor that I had cleaned off last weekend and removed the right rear tail light in preparation to cut off the right rear corner. Maybe I'll borrow a cordless drill and some hex drivers to remove the CV shafts tomorrow. Yesterday the machine shop called and said the machine work on the case is done! The crankshaft and rods are free of cracks and basically everything is good. I actually need to get him the flywheel so he can balance everything. So, they will start working on the heads now. Pistons and cylinders came to Litchfield on monday too, so those will go to the machine shop soon too.

Called Allie today to catch up, we haven't spoken in quite a long time so figured now was a good time to see what was going on. I actually am about to send her to link to this blog, I know we haven't published this anywhere and I dont think we should really but I think Allie would find some of the posts amusing.

Oh, Spartacus (the show) is awesome.

Also, I welded this today and ground down the welds to make it look pretty. I was going to give it a bottom so it would be a legitimate box but then figured it was kind of a waste of metal seeing as I had no use for the box and was only doing it for the welding practice. The corners actually look decent after some time on the grinder. Also, it isn't exactly square because I bent it up pretty hastily.


4 comments:

  1. Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that if anyone feels uncomfortable with me reading your collective bro-diary, just say something and I'll respect your wishes.

    -ALLIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the point of putting something on the internet if we want it to be a secret?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the worst way to hide. That only works for three year olds playing hide and go seek with their own parents.

    ReplyDelete