Thursday, July 19, 2012

2003

Currently at the observatory again. Right now I'm running photometry on an undiscovered variable star my professor stumbled on in 2003 and forgot to get published. So I'm pouring through the data that was taken right around the time I was learning what exponents were. Hell in 2003 the most annoying thing to me about the Iraq War is that the announcement speech interrupted the episode of Star Search that a Caribou native was on. But thats neither here or now.

I did get a lot more done on my Andromeda Mosaic, it is such a big project. We are currently six half-hour pictures in and only about half way done. Here is the rough mosaic of where we're at and a map of where I want to shoot next. Won't shoot anything tonight though, very cloudy.

Now complete center of galaxy and got M32 as well.
I didn't do much touching up as this is meant to as a progress check.

Those squares are the next six shots I need to take before deciding where to go next.
This object is big.
I don't know if I've linked to the Flickr account where all this shaz is located, so here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment