Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bus Clean Out

Grabbed the shop vac this afternoon and went to town cleaning up the floor of the bus. After tearing apart so much of the interior, the floor was literally full of tiny bits of everything imaginable. It was so bad that I couldn't really tell how the floor was looking underneath. Found a couple of mildly concerning rust spots but nothing too major, it is also the floor so if I can just stop the rust and seal it up then it should be alright. I plan on covering the floor eventually anyways (no probably not shag carpet). I started sanding off the largest spot and found it was basically just surface rust, so I got it knocked off and put some primer over it.

I always think to take pictures at night...
You can see a little bit of the primer I sprayed down in the corner. Also, note the lack of a backseat.

Anyways, they keep making me program at work so I am trying to get a little better at it. My order from Wolfsburg West, should be showing up tomorrow with a repair panel and a windshield seal.

I've got to work on the camera tester box tomorrow night because I've got to show it to the people that want it on Saturday morning. Hopefully I can get something together that looks like it is legitimate.
Saturday I'm heading to Camden Hill State Park with the Litchfield crew. We're staying in this nice little cabin that is about a mile and a half out in the woods. Looking forward to that.

I leave you with a link to this Kickstarter which raised over $4 Million in just a few days. Why? I have no idea....

1 comment:

  1. 1. Why not shag carpet?

    2. That Kickstarter did well because there was no awesome open-source competition in the console market and people donated big because they were basically preordering a next-gen console on the cheap.

    ReplyDelete