Saturday, July 28, 2012

Friday Night In Hollis

So, I've basically been going back to Litchfield on Friday nearly every weekend. I really didn't feel like driving last night and the weather was pretty good, so I figured I would go at the bus for a bit. So then this happened:



Man, I didn't need the corner of that bus anyways.... Actually, I have repair panel that will weld right back in it's place. The entire corner wasn't completely un-saveable but the panel is pretty large and I figure why not weld in more new metal while I am at it? Only thing is.... like most things with the bus so far, I discovered a bunch more rust underneath. I see why people hate rust so much now. You just really don't know how bad it is until you start hacking stuff away.
Kinda like this, should be easy enough to fix though.
Thinking seriously about buying a sandblaster with a pot on it so I can blast the engine compartment of the bus and basically everywhere else. They appear to be basically worth the money, buying sand can be expensive though and the affordable blasters don't recover the sand. But with something like the last photo, I shouldn't bother patching that hole unless I can sandblast the inside which is full of wet rusty stuff. However a decent sandblaster needs a good air compressor, like the one we have in Litchfield but not like the one in Hollis. Hrmmm...

Anyways, I spent the rest of the evening half-assedly playing settlers of catan with some friends of Andrea Jarrett. I know, weird right? It was actually pretty fun and located at this off-gird house in Hollis, which was cool. Anywho, I'm off to Litchfield this morning, hopefully it doesn't rain all weekend. Also, Tyler I had mad drama lamas this week too so I hear you on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment