Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Welding With Jimmy!

Came home today ready to hit up some welding goodness. I'm going to throw Dwight some extra cash and he let me use the key to the garage so I can get to the welder. I started away doing some "sculpture work" as James called it. Just trying to get used to dealing with thin metal. Found out it is hard not to blow through when you get near the edge or corner. Played with the voltage and wire feed a little bit but not too much. Got some decent welds but it is way harder to weld over traces that you previously welded, some times it might blow through other times it doesn't heat up fast enough, etc.


After watching me have a go at it for a while I got James to try it.


Checkout our terrible welds and some moderate ones, note the many holes.
James about to weld


Pretty pumped that I have access to the garage now, I can just weld whenever I want which is sweet. More welding to come, hopefully I will get better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment