Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"Because no one would write a song about that guy"

As I mentioned in the previous post, this past Sunday I hung out at the Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival, and had a great time.  One moment I did not mention in the previous post has really stuck with me.  After I met Andre, who'd made a career out of restoring ancient enormous engines, I walked off the docks and back towards the festival part on the ground.  On this walk, I heard the folk singer on the music stage talking and he said something like the following:

"Did you ever hear the song about the guy who grew up, went to school, got a job at Boeing, worked for forty years and got married and had a couple of kids along the way? Then he retired, and spent the rest of his days playing golf? No, you didn't. You know why? Because no one would write a song about that guy."


No one would write a song about that guy...  I like it. Make your life worth writing about, DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment