Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Have Sand In Places I Don't Want to Admit.

So, this week has been good. The second PCB I made at work came in this week so I have been starting to put it together which is pretty exciting/awesome. We also received a really sweet case made by Protocase, they have some pretty cool CAD software that lets you design sheet metal cases. They cut it out on their laser cutter, bend it, paint it and assemble it. The end result looked pretty good too but I think some part of it was a bit too shallow. Anyways,......

I brought this small spot sandblaster down that my dad apparently used when he built his hot rod. It has a small can that you fill with sand and it just shoots it out a little nozzle. You have you refill it like every 3 minutes which kind of stinks but it does a pretty good job and I don't have access to a huge air compressor so it works out well. The blaster is kind of like this except it's not made of cheap plastic. Speaking of air compressors, the hose on Dwights compressor uses some really weird fitting that I've never seen before. It is similar to a typical air hose fitting but it has a much thicker lip on the male version of the fitting which makes it impossible to interface with the more widely used hoses..... Basically I ran down to the hardware store, got a new fitting and installed it on the compressor. I feel bad cause I didn't ask Dwight about this but I'll tell him soon, I just wanted to get sandblasting damnit! Also I nearly blew my hand off taking the old fitting off.... there is a lot of air in that tank, be careful kids.

Oh, also.... I got pulled over today on my motorcycle. I was speeding. I knew it. 62 in a 45...... Whoops. By some sort of luck/miracle the officer gave me a warning, which was just damn awesome of him. I wouldn't have argued with him at all if he gave me a ticket because I was pretty blatantly speeding. Anyways, I shook his hand and counted my lucky stars.

Back to sandblasting.
After blasting through quite a bit of sand, I cleaned up the places that needed it on the right rear. Trust me there are plenty of places that need it besides the right rear. After an hour or whatever it was of blasting I was absolutely disgusting and have sand in every corner of my everything.

Rust free!


Primer to seal it up

Also, my backordered rocker panel arrived today from Busdepot. The metal looks great and it will be an awesome replacement, however it got kind of dinged up on shipping. The panel was bent in the middle and the corner of it had clearly taken a good hit. The damage shouldn't be anything I can't fix pretty easily but I might send them an e-mail and tell them to pack these panels with some more support. It was literally just wrapped in cardboard.

Hoping I can start welding some stuff on Thursday. I'm going to call the Havu's welding buddy (Bart) who is pretty awesome and see if he can give me a hand. 

SHOWER!

No comments:

Post a Comment