Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Very Havu 4th of July

My plans for the 4th changed about 4 times as usual. Thought I might trek home and have pot roast with the family but then James called and asked if I wanted to have lobster.... well that was just a silly question James.

Long story short my 4th of July basically went like this: adjusted the chain tension on my motorcycle, ate lobster with the Havus, went swimming in this lady's pool, drove out to Old Orchard Beach and met up with the Gerrish family. We were dodging rain storms while we were at OOB and while the fireworks were going off, there was actually an electrical storm that was out at sea. It made a pretty damn cool show with lightening and fireworks both in view. I was impressed.
Here is a terrible picture of a firework...

Oh to backtrack a little, while we were at the pool I met some guy who repaired machine tools. He told me about this museum in Vermont somewhere that is about the history of machine tools and shows a progression of how modern tools came to be. Gotta check that out sometime.

Anyways, the Gerrish family send their greetings! They were fun to hang out with for a while. You know Sharron doesn't settle for a half assed vacation, nope. They have been on the beach for 2 days, going to a Greatful Dead concert in Boston tomorrow, looking at colleges then headed to Rockland for a few days and then up to the Bangor waterfront for a Ted Nugent concert. After that I guess they might go back to the county? Quite the whirlwind vacation. Anyways, Sharron is doing well and I guess technically has three jobs right now cause she is such a boss.

Oh, and she gave me a beer. I'm glad that day finally came.

No comments:

Post a Comment