Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Boiled Gotye With a Side of Cherries

My motorcycle keeps running out of gas, it can only hold about $8.20 worth which is hilarious.

Anyways, work was a little slow today because we had a visitor who apparently is going to be giving us some cash money so it was worth it. I decided early in the week that I wanted to make a boiled dinner and I meant to do it Tuesday night but I just didn't have time. Tonight I cut up half an onion, a couple carrots, half a butternut squash, a bunch of cabbage, potatoes and some kielbasa. It made a pretty freakin good meal and I had seconds partly because it took so damn long to make. Honestly, aside some time or get someone to help you cut up stuff. YUM.

The Havu's friend Bart came by and he used to own a welding shop of his own. It was in an old barn and he operated out of it for a number of years (like 20 or something) until it burned down... get this... due to the wiring and not any fire he ever caused directly. Anyways, he gave me some pro tips about how to weld thing metals, how to weld upside down, how to fill up your mistakes and just some general good tips about welding outside. He actually even offered to come help me out with my first repair panel (which should be coming tomorrow). I haven't cut out a place for it yet though so it won't be until next week that we'll get to welding it. I'll keep practicing my welding the next couple of days for sure.

After Bart left I kicked into over drive and went into full on combat with the back seat. I was just determined as hell to get it out so at about 10PM it was on the ground outside. I setup a little lamp out there so I could see what I was doing. I didn't really have the right tools, so that would've helped a lot. Now I can actually get in there and clean up the rest of the flooring that was rotting and potentially holding a lot of moisture. Tomorrow I'll probably bust out the shop vac and do some cleaning on the interior of the bus maybe I'll get around to grinding some stuff.
Doesn't look that impressive but the rear seat is gone... lots of room now!
I leave you with this awesome video that somewhat describes my radio listening habits this summer, except I don't even pretend to hate it. Hilarious!

2 comments:

  1. That video is hilarious, though it is the first time I've heard that song. Pop culture successfully avoided! Take that you and your yoyo's and your low hanging pant and your MTV raps. Be gone with you, I'm off to my Zeppelin! I will fly off into the sunset singing merry jigs, "Now you're just somebody that I used to..." OH FUCK ITS CATCHY!

    ReplyDelete