Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Just Because the Recipe Says So...

Today, I finally got around to making those chicken wings.  At my parent's house (weird saying that...) there is a fryolator, so deep frying is fairly easy.  Not so in my apartment!  So I had to use a pot filled with oil on the stove.  I guessed a 6 would be about 350 degrees.  Why 350 degrees?  That is what the recipe said.  Why 6?  No idea.  But the recipe said to cook them for 6 minutes, and low and behold they came out perfectly done.  [Pats Self on Back].  The sauce was a bit of a disaster.  It said 1:1 honey to whiskey.... nope.  Too much whiskey, it was basically water instead of a sauce.  Also said only two tablespoons of Sriracha.  Nope.  Not enough heat.  I also didn't have any soy sauce, so I just added a bunch of salt and garlic.  They actually weren't too bad!  The grocery store only had chicken wings in 3 lb batches though, so now I've got approximately 2 lbs of chicken wings in the fridge. (first world problems)  I think next time I'll try just regular wing sauce.  Also it made a huge mess, there is flour everywhere and I really don't want to clean it up.  For some reason my phone won't upload the pictures of the mess in the kitchen, so I guess you'll have to miss out on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment