Sunday, July 29, 2012

I'm Actually Getting Better at Age of Empires

Played some serious Age of Empires III with Sam and Chris the other night. I usually finish dead last on the post game stats but I am actually improving (still not beating Sam though). I struggle with actually being good at any video game so this is a big achievement for me. Returned a bunch of bottles, got $25 bucks which turned into free lunch. Also, got a PC power supply that will be hacked to power the Reprap.

Also watched a lot of olympic events this weekend.... people are really good at volleyball. Like shit son, I didn't know they made people that are that good at volleyball. Anyways, it's been pretty fun watching it, I haven't actually been into many other summer olympic things before.

Spent much of today repairing this lamp that was given to me by my aunt for my place in Orono. It is a really old floor lamp and everything on it was super solid but some bugs had crawled into the fixture to die and the cord needed replacement. Since it was so old the whole thing could be easily taken apart and cleaned/fixed. Now I have a pretty cool lamp, nice. Also, cleaned off a bunch of hardware for the bus engine. I am anticipating needing it within the next couple months so I figured I should clean it up. Soaked it in a bucket of gasoline for a week and then wire brushed it, I think it did the trick just fine.

Hung out and did some visiting with my grandma today, she's just a boss.

Hoping to start welding on the bus this week, so I am bringing this tiny sandblaster my dad has so I can hit some small spots. I have been cruising the VW forums and found this bus that I really like the looks of:

It is lowered but not to the extreme and I like the "roo bar" on the front. Unfortunately I don't know if that would look as cool on mine because the front bumper is different. This bus is a bit older than mine but what a cool looking ride, I'm a fan of the small roof rack too. 

2 comments:

  1. Is that just LAN or can you play it over the webernets? I have my AOE III disk here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can play AOE III over the internet via "gameranger" but we all have the mac version.... Does this work with windows? I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete