Monday, July 16, 2012

Automation


Today was a grand experiment in getting up for work.  The past few days I've found it increasingly difficult to get up on time.  I officially listed my start time as 6, but no one was really expecting me until 7, and late last week I was showing up as late as 8:30.  If you show up past 7:45, you have to park approximately a half hour walk away from your desk, and that is no fun.

So today I set an alarm for 5:00 and forced myself out of bed.  Due to slowdowns making coffee and breakfast, I didn't actually make it out the door until 6:15 or so, but still a remarkable improvement over other days.  In a hilarious twist, traffic is actually a lot worse this early in the morning -- but parking is way way better.  Also when it was time to go the day still felt really really young.  It was kind of like "I get to go home now?  But... I still have work I want to get done!"

To continue this trend, I have tried to further streamline getting up in the morning.  Tonight I cooked dinner, and use the leftovers to make a lunch, which I have already packed and is chilling in the fridge.  Apparently we live in the future now, and your coffee pot also knows the time, and you can set it to make your coffee in the morning, no button pressing required.  Finally, I had some eggs I needed to cook, so I made breakfast sammiches for the rest of the week.  I'm not sure if they'll get soggy or whatever before then, but I guess we'll find out.

Also, I really want this truck.  And I could buy it if its still around Thursday... It even comes with the overdrive so you can drive it fast enough to definitely get yourself killed if you have an accident!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3142177369.html

And D-W pointed out this lovely piece of work
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3084303082.html

And finally, this lovely inspiration quote from the rather stupidly named Hobby Lobby.  IF YOU DON'T HAVE PLANES YOU ARE NOT A HOBBY SHOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment