Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sands of Time

So, I'm out of sand blasting sand. Legitimately. I've really got to find some very soon. I blasted away the rest of my sand today and was actually even able to scrap a little up off the driveway and reuse it.  Saturday Bart is officially coming out to help me weld stuff and I'm going to give him a hand with a bunch of stuff he is doing too. That will be pretty sweet and it will happen right before James' party shindig thingy because it is his last saturday in Maine for a while. He actually hits the road Wednesday to drive down to Florida.

I stopped in to visit the Havu's today for a bit and it turned into a bit of an adventure. We went to visit Bart and see where he is building his new welding shop. A little back story on this Bart guy, he is a welder and owned this shop in an old barn. Long story short, the barn burned down from an electrical fire and he lost his whole business and all the tools in it.... with no insurance. However Bart is in fact a boss and has been working like a crazy person ever since his shop burned down to dispose of the wreckage and put up a new shop. Basically he is one really ambitious dude whose hobbies include: welding, motorcycle racing, machining and helping me learn to weld..... Naturally I'm a fan. Oh and did I mention he has a wicked sweet airstream trailer?
Bart's Motorcycle Racing Team Logo
Looking like I might kick it in Hollis this weekend and try to wear out James' dad's air compressor with the sandblaster. Seems appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment