Saturday, August 11, 2012

L@@K ALL THE POSTING I'M DOING!

Oh yeah, writing post titles like it's 1998 on eBay.

Anyways, today was pretty sweet.  I was going to go to the DMV in the morning, but I chose sleep over sitting in a chair being bored out of my mind.  So I will have to go the DMV another day.  I did however, take my first glider lesson, and that was awesome.  No one really showed up except me and the instructor and two other guys, so I got to do the whole thing.  We did a preflight, towed the glider up, went for a flight, and then put it back.  Took about 3 hours, and it was awesome.  I now have a logbook with real logged time, .3 hrs baby!  Also in stereotypical fashion, all the glider pilots were old white guys... but honestly what else would you expect.


Then I went back to CWB to help out as a livery volunteer.  There is a steady stream of people going through.  I'm honestly surprised at how many rowboats they rent.  Granted they are nice looking rowboats... but if I'm shelling out cash I'd be 100x happier in a sailboat.  Except I get to do both of them for free in exchange for volunteering... so it doesn't really matter.  The girl who runs the livery is pretty awesome, she clearly knows what she's doing so every time I go I learn something new.  And renting rowboats to people who've never rowed is always fun because watching them try and steer is hilarious.  And the view off the livery dock is phenomenal.



Tomorrow I'm gonna go buy a bicycle and stand on the dock some more.  Whooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment