Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Last Day At Pika

It was my last day of work today which was kind of cool but I definitely felt like I was leaving a group of friends which was kind of weird. I'm happy to get back to school with friends but I plan on keeping in touch with the dudes at Pika because they're bosses.

Anyways, came home a little early because I literally ran out of things to do completely. Got back to work finishing what I start the other day, fabricating and welding a little replacement piece on the bus. It is a non-cosmetic piece that won't be seen by anyone so I figured it would be good practice. Took a long time to get the metal to fit the way I wanted it to. This type of work is really all about making the piece fit right before you weld. It took longer than you'd expect.

Fit this curved piece in there, welded and ground down

Clamped down the second piece before welding. Took my time making this fit right.

Everything in place
I tried to grind down the welds where I could but I couldn't get my grinding wheel up in the corner of the piece.... eventually I just said fuck it and sprayed primer on it. No one will see it anyways so it really isn't needed just trying to get better at this stuff. Doesn't look bad with primer on it, should've snapped a quick picture.

The Havus invited me up for dinner. Awesome! I'm going to start packing stuff .......... tomorrow. Might move home tomorrow. Might not. Depends on motivation/weather/how much I want to work on the bus. If it is nice, maybe I'll just get going in the morning and weld the rocker panel on which would be bitchin. We'll see what shakes out.

I've been in a google hangout tonight with some college (bangor) friends. I feel like I'm cheating on you guys, got I feel dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment