Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Midnight City is the new Owl City

So Tuesday night I went to see M83 at the State theater with some folks I had kind of just met. I knew a bunch of people at the concert, so it was pretty legitimate. I had heard exactly two of their songs before I went and even then I had only heard them a handful of times... by handful I mean like twice. Anyways, it was pretty awesome and I'm glad I went listening to the real thing was way cooler than the songs I had heard and they had this one guitar guy who was basically an electronic modern Jimmy Page. That guy went nuts and definitely made the show.

Anyways, tonight I made ziti with pesto, chicken and red pepper. It was awesome. Just typing that made me hungry again. Luckily I made a metric ass load of it, so I can eat it for lunch tomorrow... and the next day.... and the next day.

After cooking and consuming an awesome dinner I tried to get some more sandblasting done on the bus. I was distracted by my neighbor and his buddy who came over and shot the breeze with me for a while. My neighbor is a mechanic (and a damn smart one) and he just opened his own shop so he has been very busy. He said he would bring home a set of EZ out tools for me to use so I can get my stripped allen head bolt out of the rear axle. Hopefully he remembers to grab it because it is pretty difficult to get out. Anyways, I eventually got to blasting a tiny bit more but I'm nearly out of blasting sand now. I'm ready to get welding though and I called the welder guy today and left him a message so hopefully he calls me back and brings his welder over ASAP so we can get down to business.

Oh and here are some pictures of the stuff I did Monday.

Cut the rest of the rusty rocker panel out

Sand blasted. 

Painted (primer)

Made a replacement panel for the floor

You can see, the panel doesn't quite fit the hole yet but you get the idea. 
Basically, I kind of need a better sandblaster because that way I am doing it takes a lot of time.... but to do that I need a bigger compressor which I don't have access to right now. Either way, I need more sand so hopefully I can find some tomorrow or something. I would really like to do inside the engine compartment. Basically I need an entire weeks worth of sand blasting done on this thing.... hrmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment