Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A New Day

So I woke up today... and everything hurt.  Which was not unexpected being that I'm normally pretty lazy and I rode like 12 miles on a bike.  I finally dragged myself out of bed around 7, and made it to work around 8.  Everything stopped hurting around 2, and when I got out of work I headed to REI to pick up some biking shorts, a biking jersey, and an inflatable lifejacket.  Speaking of which, REI does this awesome thing where you get 10% store credit for all the stuff you bought in March, and I've spent like $500, so inevitably I'm going to spend even more money their in the future... great business model.  Anyways, I got home, but the biking stuff on, and immediately felt like an athlete.  So like a boss I got on Tobais and rode past where I did last time.  All told it was a 16 mile ride.  Now my butt really hurts, and getting off the bike my legs were like "Uh... WTF is going on?!"

Also talked to my Uncle about free plane tickets, looks like I'll be flying out of here Thursday AM, arriving in Maine late Thursday (like I get into Boston at 8PM late), Friday is free, Saturday is my cousin's wedding, Sunday is an OHTM event, Monday is free/have to be in Boston at 3PM to fly back to Seattle. (all the third weekend in September)

1 comment:

  1. Holy god you are a biking boss! Also, that means friday night you should clearly come to Orono or something. Mini-Ianfest, let's do this!

    ReplyDelete