Sunday, August 19, 2012

F&!#' Tires

Today I was going for a 30 mile bike ride, until around mile 14.5 when I oversped these annoying little dimples that WA puts in the road everywhere and popped both my tires.  I knew right away, luckily didn't get thrown from the bike or anything.  I walked a couple of miles before calling my friend Helen, who came and picked up.  If I had to walk back it was going to take the entire evening (also could've called a cab), but luckily it didn't come to that.  Had quite an experience trying to put down the back seats in Helen's new Legacy so we could fit the bike in.  There were very clearly labeled seat releases in the trunk, but we were so fixated everywhere else that we missed them until we looked it up in the owners manuals, found the actual latches, and traced the cables back to the very clearly labeled handles. #engineeringproblems

On the subject of chill modes of air transportation, I'd be worried in a hot air balloon of getting forced down in a bad place, like over water, or in a forest or something.  They definitely can't be that expensive though, because Karl owns one.

So tomorrow, the plan is to go buy new tubes for my bike, get a new drivers license, and hopefully actually get in a reasonably long ride.  Oh, and go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment