Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Shack, New Stack.

So, I've had a pretty busy couple of days. Loaded up the truck and trailer and moved into the house in Milford which is AWESOME and ENORMOUS. We have so much room and I don't know how to fill it with enough stuff. I have a feeling I will be very willing to accept large free things this year, even more so than normal. Sam's truck broke down once we made it into Orono and successfully caused a traffic jam for a little while. He got it towed and then the truck started once it got to our place in Milford. We are pretty sure it is an electrical issue with the wiring harness, something is loose but we had a lot to move in so we didn't end up hunting it out. Also we were lacking any sort of electrical test equipment *gasp* more on this later. 

To give you an idea of just how awesome our house, affectionately called "The MILF" is here is a picture of Chris Hatch wearing his custom made jorts. Yes. Jean Shorts. Jorts. 

WOAH!
Since we just moved in, there is no internet and a general lack of things. We did however move in a stereo system and neglected to bring any CDs and realized there was no antenna for the radio. Luckily I did have my soldering iron and some of my random electrical parts.... which happens to include a 3.5mm headphone jack. I also brought up my small radio which I had previously hacked the cassette player with another 3.5mm headphone jack. The radio was good but didn't have enough bass and the songs became distorted after a certain volume but it did work pretty well. Long story short, I hacked together this cable to use the auxiliary port on the stereo because we actually had an Ipod. 

Now this is where the lack of electrical test equipment comes into play. I didn't have a way to check continuity, so out of necessity I did probably the nerdiest thing of my life. I used to batteries out of my TI-89, an LED and a breadboard to rig up a very ghetto continuity test. It worked.

Go Go Gadget sketchy cable!
Other features of our house so far include a cool outdoor fireplace, a time out chair, beer (oops that's gone now), a basketball hoop, a whiteboard and a picnic table. Also the entire town of Milford is completely full of rednecks. The guy next door builds race cars, there is a convenience store down the street doesn't sell gas, they sell beer, cigarettes, chips and sub sandwiches almost exclusively (probably in that order). 
Same table from A103, still keeping my electrical crap and tools off the floor.
Anyways, I came home today and then stacked two more cords of wood. A busy couple of days and more to come. I will be heading back to the milf tomorrow evening and so I will probably be out of internet contact for the weekend. Maybe I'll man up and post from my phone. Saturday I'll be occupied trying to kick the T-shirt Launcher back into shape so we can show it off to incoming students. 

Also I came to the realization that I think I really need Tyler's input on the republican national convention. I do not consider myself politically informed until I have heard a full range of political quips and satire from Tyler Beaulieu. 



1 comment:

  1. Looks like some super sweet digs... Will need to crash there soon.

    ReplyDelete