Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It just fell off...

So I've been running around doing a bunch of moving/fixing stuff errands. Cleaned out the bus which was full of stuff, fixing a trailer kind of and moving heavy objects for my mom. I also made it over to the junkyard to reclaim the windshield from the bus that is there, finally. I've been saying I would do this for probably over a year now. While I was there it was so easy to remove the windshield that I figured I should take the rest of the glass out of the bus too, except the drivers/passengers side windows because they are a little more difficult to remove. Anyways, I got 5 big pieces of glass (including the windshield for $50 and they were all in pretty good condition. I can't use all of them but hopefully I'll find someone who needs them and $50 for a good windshield is pretty damn good.

Checkout this terrible picture of all the glass I got.. who would think that photographing something transparent is difficult?
We have a trailer I am planning to use to move into the house in Milford but one tire is a bit sketchy. So, we'll see what happens there. I think I'm gonna bring an air tank and blow it up if it gets low, it has a slow leak. God I hope it doesn't blow out.

Speaking of automobile related failures, I got the two-door caddy home from the shop last week. I figured I would drive it around a bit seeing as it has been at the shop literally since early May. Actually while the car was there it developed issues that it didn't have when I dropped it off and then also repaired before I got it back. Yup, it was there wayyyyy too long. Anyways, I was driving up a hill and it started making a nice low tone... uh oh. I turned into Sam's driveway and the exhaust was dragging on the ground.

I tried backing up and moving around a bit to see if the whole thing would just fall off but no dice. I parked it at Sam's and got a jack from home to remove it so I could take it back to the shop. I literally drove it twice. The exhaust broke off up near the catalytic converter and then broke again at the tailpipe. Wow is that thing loud with no exhaust, I basically blasted the entire town on the way back to the shop with it.

Anyways, I basically need a new car but we are getting the exhaust fixed for now... did I mention the radio doesn't work anymore? Also the fans that do any sort of temperature control only come on in good weather? The car also has auto ride leveling suspension which hasn't worked since I've owned it but causes a compressor to turn on and off while the car is shut off... which just freaks people out. The power windows work.... but only just barely if you put the window down all the way on either side it is essentially a coordinated effort between two people to try and rescue it from within the depths of the door. The dash dims to an almost unreadable amount whenever the headlights are on. The truck doesn't open sometimes in cold weather.... other times it doesn't close. Same with the doors. Other than these things though, the car stars and runs great. Pretty sure one of two things will happen either it will blow up or I will completely destroy it due to prolonged frustrations associated with it's many quirks. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

So, we just got a bunch of wood delivered and I'll be moving stuff up tomorrow. Apparently I need to stack that shit and pack other shit. Let's do this shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment