Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cram in all the stuff weekend!

So this weekend was pretty sweet and involved me riding up and down the road a lot. Saturday I went to Crescent beach with some college pals (mostly from Bangor high) and then hit the old port. The beach was awesome, great weather and not too crowded. The water was actually even kind of warm, I was pretty amazed by that. Anyways, got a small sunburn on my back.... clearly where my hands couldn't reach to spread sunscreen.... rookie mistake. *shakes head*


Anyways, so we ended up eating at Dimillo's restaurant which is a supposedly floating. It probably is but I was all ready for it to be obviously floating, but it felt very very stable which was a little lame. Anyways, the night got pretty hilarious after that. The restaurant took a long time and was cutting into the bar hopping time. I rode down with my friend Josh and we could stay at Kevin's house in portland but Josh wanted to drive back home (to Bangor) that night (he was not drinking at all). I was cool with riding back with Josh and figured it would be pretty fun actually. Essentially, Josh has been driving like mad ever since he bought this Jetta. He works in Mattawaska and has been putting some serious miles on by driving down to Bangor/Portland on the weekends. I guess he is just in driving mode now, which I was cool with.

So we leave the restaurant and it is about 10:30 PM and Josh had actually planned on leaving at 11PM. We compromise and decide to leave just after midnight. We go to Gritty's first and it is fairly packed and I am quickly realizing that the clock is fucking ticking here. I grab a beer and basically just slug it before anyone even has their drinks really. We hang out for a few minutes and then decide that Josh and I should just go rogue, leave the group and hit as many places as possible before we have to leave. Everyone thought we were a little crazy for doing this but whatevs.

So, we got to this other place called Spread, I get a mixed drink (keep in mind that Josh is stone cold sober) which was pretty awesome but I just drink it really fast in order to go to more places. Basically, we hit another bar for literally about 2 minutes (didn't get anything to drink) then another where I got a beer and we watched people on the streets and made fun of them. Then we went to this bar/dance place where apparently our original group was but we didn't see them. Basically we just power teamed the old port and went to 5 bars in about an hour, we were almost literally running to them. I didn't get the drunk or anything but it was just really fun to see how many places you could go to. It definitely made me want to do it again with a couple more people and just get a beer at every place in the old port. The thing is though, large groups slow you down it would have to be just like 3 people who are super focused on getting the job done..... Gents, we must do this. This mission was made for us.

Basically we leave the old port and start driving North. We get to the Gardiner service plaza (about an hour away) and pull over to go to the bathroom/bring me to Litchfield. When I get back in the car I realize something is poking me in the bum..... "Oh hey it's Alex's keys to his car.... which is parked in Portland at Kevin's house..... Oh boy." It is pretty late by this point too probably around 1:30AM but we basically have no choice but to ride back to Portland to get these keys back. Josh was basically a fucking champion and we both grabbed a large fry at BK and headed back to Portland, the whole time being basically un-phased by the fact that we were substantially backtracking. Also, I was essentially home hahahha. We returned the keys and I ended up staying in Portland for the night because I was just a little drunk and tired and basically there was a soft place to lay so... yeah. Josh however drove all the way back to Bangor from Portland at about 2:15AM without caffeine or any real stimulant. I don't know how this man works.
TL;DR-I went to as many places as I could in the Old Port in an hour ish, then drove to Gardiner and back to Portland again very late at night. It was a lot of fun actually.

Today, I caught a ride home with the kid whose keys we delivered and then grabbed the truck and headed to Hollis to bring back the bus. Cleaned up the mess I made in front of the Havu's garage and loaded my bike. Dad was a champ and came along to drive. Then when we unloaded it at home we kind of rolled it off the trailer and hit the shed... whoops... no damage to the bus and only minor damage to the shed thankfully.

Home again, now with 7% less rust!

No comments:

Post a Comment