Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reading and Listening to Badass Music

So, I've been on a roll (for me) this summer with reading. I actually have read two books so far... that's right two WHOLE books. I read Breakfast of Champions by Vonnegut and The Toaster Project by some dip. Not a huge achievement really but I am trying to keep up my momentum and power through a few more books this summer.

Currently I am reading The Lean Startup By Eric Ries. It is essentially about running a startup company that operates on a feedback loop where you push a minimum viable product out to market, get customer response, learn from it and change your product(s) accordingly. So far it has been kind of simple but we'll see how it shakes out.

The Toaster project was pretty cool but I'm not certain that his efforts were deserving of a Ted Talk. The book is short and includes some fun pictures, it could be read in an afternoon. I have some gripes with the way his project is carried out, but it was done for a college art project so it did basically dominate all of the requirements for that.

Breakfast of Champions missed the mark for me. Maybe I am too disconnected from fiction and literature but I didn't really pickup on everything that was going on. I have read Player Piano before and I really enjoyed that but this Vonnegut book was definitely much different.

I scored a few awesome books from our good friend Ian, who was going to donate them to the library instead of taking them to Seattle. Instead, they found their way to my shelf. The books are iWoz and Bill Bryson's a Short History of Nearly Everything. Looking forward to checking them out.

What about you chaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment