Thursday, October 18, 2012

Break Is Over

This break is going so fucking well, what time is it, FUCK. It is now Wednesday. Fuck me up the ass, I need at least another month.

So after quite possibly the worst week I have had academically since Joseph Siddiqui told me to take Statistics, I have got to enjoy a lovely 4 day weekend. Elliot was literally the only person I know who went home for break, it's just too short for it to be worth most peoples time. I've never stayed here for break since I always visited Ashley, so I did not realize how awesome 4 days of no homework in Alfred, NY can be with everyone else you know. We made it more fun by dedicating ourselves to doing all the things that Elliot would have enjoyed if he had been here so we could rub in his face with a Powerpoint presentation.

First of all I got Boffer Club to meet three times. Also we have a snazzy new website that I slapped together on Google Sites this weekend. The club remains on a constant accelerating popularity as people tell their friends and those friends tell their friends and I am getting very bad with names as there are suddenly several to remember. I'm also enjoying the fact that as President, my word seems to be the immutable word of the Lord. All I say is truth, even when I lie or joke people seem to believe me. It's quite amusing. Several people now believe that one of my friends has to drop a shield with a keyhole design on it if it is hit with a foam key blade. This is not in the rules and is borderline LARP but I watched the bitch drop his shield.

Then Josh and I went on several random adventures to Jenkin's Farm, Salvation Army and a long pipeline that runs under the University. We did a 2 AM trip to the local grocery store with several people in the car being forced to tell the Aristocrats joke. On Sunday I had bbq pulled pork smoked for over 7 hours while watching the Red Bull jump.

Sorry I disappeared for so long, I know you can't tell but I took a two day break in writing this. Sorry.

So anyway, on Monday we went to Sprague's Maple Restaurant, which is essentially Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory for maple syrup. You walk into the place through a glass hallway in the middle of their factory floor and arrive at the restaurant, a big log cabin dining room complete with animatronic animals and moose antler chandeliers. We sat down at a table under a painting of three bears taking a canoe through white water rapids. Then all nine of us ordered the Big Run breakfast, 2 strips bacon, 2 eggs, homefries and all you can eat pancakes in either buttermilk, buckwheat, apple cinnamon or pumpkin spice varieties. Those would then be slathered in the standard, apricot, blueberry or strawberry flavored maple syrups available at the table. We cleared three full bottles of syrup in our stay. Ron Swanson would have been proud. A lot of people even got bacon to go (that shit is the thickest cut bacon I ever done seened).

Then yesterday I went to class, saw Doug Stanhope and talked to you lovely bitches. Now I have work to do, again. So good to be back?


No comments:

Post a Comment