Sunday, October 14, 2012

A New Desk

Friday night me and few coworkers checked out Lazy Boy Brewing in Everett.  Beer was pretty good (mostly IPAs and Belgians).  Its basically just a bunch of tables scattered throughout their brewery, so they don't serve food yet.  Which is okay, because their is a pizza place down the street that delivers.  So we got delivery pizza.  That was also pretty good, even though it had olives. I have gone my entire life insisting that olives ruin any food they touch, but they were actually good on that pizza.  Feels like my life has been turned upside down.

Saturday I cleaned and made the dumb choice to head down to IKEA to get a new desk.  I figured people would've cleared out by 6PM on a Saturday, but apparently not.  I did get my desk, but it *barely* fit in my car.  When I rolled the IKEA wagon up next to my hatch it looked liked it was gonna be a no go.  But the Impreza came through, and now I've got this sick workstation. (Note Howard Hughes)




Sunday I went to this great local coffee shop down the street from my house called the Spotted Cow.  As a local Seattle coffee place it's expensive (although honestly only like 50 cents more than Starbucks).  However, the coffee is goddamn delicious.  I have no idea how they do it, but the coffee tastes like 90% as good as it smells.  I like coffee, but I think in general it tastes about 25% as good as it smells.  Their large is called a Brahma, which is apparently a Hindu cow god. TIL.

While I was there I hopped on my Kindle Paperwhite (SO GOOD!) and started reading Freakonomics.  It's pretty good, but last week I read The Signal and the Noise by Nate Silver, who writes the FiveThirtyEight blog for the NYT and I honestly liked that significantly more.  Nate does a much better job at explaining the math and logic behind is models, I feel like the Freakonomics guys just want me to take their word for stuff.

And this afternoon I got a call from the Evergreen Soaring people, and potentially as soon as this weekend I'll be flying up there.  Which will be super awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment