Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Made an LED blink... Feel like a boss

Made some progress on my senior project today, got an AVR to program from my Mac with the help of my professor. It was a little difficult to setup but not too bad, the tricky part was that there is a pull-up resistor that isn't enabled on the programmer board. Basically what this means is sometimes the programmer board isn't recognized and if it isn't, you just have to touch the pin.... literally touch a pin with your finger and use yourself as a pull-up resistor by making certain to touch an adjacent pin. Then, the board works great. Glad my professor was able to catch this bug..... it would've taken me approximately 8 years and driven me insane.

Had our informational robotics meeting and got about 10 kids or so they all want to do another combat robot... so we'll see how that goes. Gotta talk to my friend John to see if we can go to home depot to get some lumber so I can build a huge table for my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment