Sunday, September 30, 2012

a = g*sinθ God God Damn it Damn it

Howdy ho gents. I'm basking in the last few minutes of freedom before the week begins and figured I'd post something in the general direction of you glorious bitches.

Last week was long. As predicted it consisted of studying for and taking my Advanced Mechanics exam on Thursday. We do these tests on Thursday since most people in the Liberal Arts college have Thursday off so we can take it when we feel like it and take as long as we want. Now I don't have mornings off as I have to TA for the Physics I lab, the one without calculus. Almost all the students are pre-med or just trying to get rid of their lab science requirement. The lab was literally just a ramp with a block, you know the angle, find the acceleration. Being someone studying for the advanced classical mechanics exam all night it was really hard not to start screaming a = g*sin θ at the top of my lungs. I did find it funny when one of the students asked if I had taken the Calculus based physics, but the way she said it, there was a lot of emphasis/reverence put on the phrase "calculus-based". I really wanted to respond, "Nay, I have only heard of it in lore" but I told her I did and that I was now taking advanced calculus-based physics which just turns out to be differential equations based physics with some tensor calculus thrown in for good measure.

Then I took the test and in good Loucks test fashion, it took me six god damned hours. Interesting fact: not the longest Loucks test I've ever taken. The past two weeks though had been building up to that test so it felt really good to be there. Because it was the end of my hell weeks for a little bit. I had that night afterwards planned out. I had a few Sam Adams in the fridge and recently had received Forza 4 in the mail as I had left it at home like an idiot. So got out, catched up on the Daily Show for a week and stayed up racing my Fiesta around Mt. Fuji. It was almost disappointing when I woke up and realized it was Friday and still had to sit through classes.

Then we went to the Spears Auction in Andover. It's this biweekly estate auction that takes place in a warehouse in the middle of the woods and is filled with lots Amish people and elderly people with camouflage clothing. You walk in and get your number, there is soda, coffee and little debbies snacks with a little bowl to put a dollar in if you get anything. Then they auction off a fuck load of stuff, complete with the auctioneer guy talking fast and making lots of cracks about Obama care when selling file cabinets. "Thirty dollars. 25 dollars. Come on people think Christmas. Opening bid at 20 dollars. Think of the 9000 pages of Obamacare you can store in that thing. 10 dollars." Its an insanely good time. I got a new charcoal grill and a big Coca-Cola pitcher. My roommates got a wireless pc game controller, some picture frame and a heated foot massager. The picture frame is for our room portrait. We're going to take a picture of the four of us and then I'm going to photoshop the hell out of it and make a paint by numbers and then paint it. Exciting stuff.

Then this weekend we had our first forest battle for Boffer. Our club has gotten so much bigger and better with this new crop of Freshmen type recruits. We had a problem last year with people who saw us as a light version of the campus Medieval Club. Most of our members were Medieval Club people who wanted to sword fight twice as much in a week. The problem was that they hit really fucking hard in Medieval Club. They have fight practice where they put on a fuck load of leather and actually bash each other in with baseball bats. This is not how Boffer Club works. Second they wear tunics and have roleplaying alter egos and all this stuff and that culture was being applied to us to the point we were having trouble distinguishing ourselves. Well these freshmen don't have such preconceptions, we had two separate booths at the Club Fair after all and our booth had no armor and handed them a free sword on principle.

So the forest battle was Grade A bad ass. We were in the woods for maybe four hours with over twenty people and they are all A+ people. I think I'm going to enjoy running this club this year. Until next time guys.


Gaze upon my creation and be in awe.
GAZE UPON IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment