Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Well, there is your problem...

So we're pretty legit, Pika even has a sign now.

Almost like we're a real, live company!
Anyways, it's been a slow past few days. Went to David Jameson's going away shindig which of course consisted of hitting up a bunch of some of the Old Port's finest establishments. I acquired a bunch of the stuff he was trying to get rid of before moving to Oregon later this week. Things like a laptop with no power cord, a broken printer that had been hit with a hammer, a broken and a working airsoft gun, a set of logitech speakers and some old books (grabbed a cool one on model rocketry for you Ian). So best of luck to David (who seems to have come full circle and made it back to the land of tried and true awesome gentlemen) on winning gay marriage on the other side of the country!

After last weeks motorcycle failure, I regrouped and found a replacement oil filter cover for a reasonable price on Ebay. Tonight, I went to town replacing the cover and oil filter.

Gee guys, I dunno why it leaks...
Started it up and seems to be running fine and not leaking. Great, this is just in time for ... an entire week of rain. Damnit. 

Since the bus is home and all I've been trying to find a couple little projects here and there to occupy my time when I'm in Westbrook. Also still keeping my eye out for garage space down this way. Part of the reason I got all that stuff from David was to try and fix some of it (no, not the special edition hammer time printer). I ordered another power adapter for the laptop hoping to start messing with that but it seems that the address where I live is far too complicated for FedEx. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow and probably having all packaged delivered to my work address from now on. 

Also keeping my eye out for another two-wheeler of the human powered kind to commute to work with. In other news I just sold my old boat yesterday for some cash money. Had a lot of good times on the lake in that boat when I was in middle school. Luckily it is going to a young chap a couple towns over who will probably love the crap out of it, definitely a win-win situation. Still trying to sell my outboard motor though, had a guy call me and low-ball me today... gotta love that craigslist. 

There is some construction going on in our new facility at work. It's pretty funny actually I left at about 6PM last night and I guess a construction crew showed up at 7:30. I came in this morning and they had completely framed and an entire wall right next to where I was working. We figured they were probably there  until about midnight. Those guys don't mess around! If they keep up this aggressive overnight work schedule, it will be done very quickly. 

Basically been bein' a lazy bum though. Hoping to get into some sort of routine to do after work. If last summer was any sign, posting here usually encourages me to do cool stuff so I'm gonna work on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment