Thursday, June 27, 2013

Craigslist for life!

The other day we moved the Bridgeport to Pika. I took one picture of it fully assembled next to our awesome new lather but it came out like crap, so instead I will show you an epic picture of it being unloaded.
And that was the last time the bottom of the milling machine ever looked that way again.

Just kidding, the move went pretty well. In all honesty I didn't have much to do with it.... I wonder if there is a correlation there. While I was taking pictures I figured you guys might like to see some of the stuff I do. This is the wind turbine dyno we have at work. Basically, we spin the turbine with an electric motor to simulate different wind conditions and then do a bunch of debugging and reliability testing with it. The power from the turbine is actually fed back through to the grid with our inverter too.

Givin' windymills the hot suppah! 
Ended up getting a pretty good deal on this rowing machine from craigslist. $75 for a rowing machine that is about $600 new, I didn't even haggle with the guy on the price because I'm fairly certain I could throw it right back up and sell it for twice what I bought it.

I'm currently thinking about some modifications to make it into a more legitimate rowing machine. Basically there is this one machine that all the gyms have that is super legit and like $1700. All the big rowing enthusiasts/snobs on the internet love it and stuff. After rowing on this one just once I can tell it is different from the one I used at Umaine. Also, tentative plans to hack into it and make it grid tied... more on this in THE FUTURE.

Checked out some garage space today that is about 2 miles from my place. Looked pretty good, not huge but big enough and seems to be the right price. If I can get this other fellow to go in on it with me it might become the bus' new home. This guy used to run a car detailing shop out of it, seemed like it was kinda under the table. Anyways, it's even insulated and the guy had a pellet stove in there for the winter. 

Only problem is it is kind of in a ghettoish area of Westbrook, but I think it would be fine. When I say Ghetto, I just mean weirdos mostly a lot of harmless weirdos. 

Looks like more rain coming up for the weekend... I will need to find a way to play this to my advantage somehow... 



No comments:

Post a Comment