Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Don't Lathe Me Bro

So, this arrived at work today.
Brand new lathe! It's like Christmas for dorks!
Had a fun time getting it uncrated and slowly lowering it to the ground using our ancient egyptian wooden lever arm techniques. The lathe is a Grizzly G0709 Gunsmith Lathe with 14" swing and 40" working length. It's fresh off the boat from China where all quality products are made. Hopefully we'll get someone (possibly me) on wiring it later this week, we also need to put in 7 liters of oil (that's a lot of oil). Basically it will be sweet when we get this thing up and running. We're also moving in the Bridgeport tomorrow morning. Hopefully no one is harmed in the moving of that behemoth. 

These machine tools are making me want to build a battle bot this year. I've got a 2.4Ghz radio I picked up from hobbyking a while back and I've recently found the old McCartney bot motors and wheels. I'm going to keep my eyes open and slowly accumulate some parts, maybe learn solidworks along the way. Either way, I basically have access to a lathe and milling machine now so.... uhhh... hell yes?!?!?! 

Struck out on buying a rowing machine on craislist today only to find an even better deal that was just posted today.... More on this soon, I hope. 

Waiting on some gaskets for my motorcycle before I can get it back on the road. Hopefully will be in by the end of the week, but that's no biggie because the weather is calling for thunderstorms all week. Go go gadget Maine June! 

1 comment:

  1. Lathe machine is very helpful in cutting and giving the shape to the woods, stones it makes the work of carpenter and labor easy and increase the production. Thanks for sharing this useful post.




    Himes Machinery

    ReplyDelete