Sunday, June 2, 2013

Figured I'd Check In

Starting tomorrow at Pika, seemed like the right thing to make a post here.

Essentially all moved in to the new pad in Westbrook. I've been helping paint the soon to be new home of Pika. Painting stinks. I wouldn't recommend it. However the painting did give a little time for me to catch up with what has been going on over the past months. Also, we're apparently getting not one but two summer interns. One marketing guy and another mechanical dude. That along with myself an additional full-time employee and we've nearly doubled the amount of people that will be around daily. The new place will take a lot of work to setup properly but it'll be very cool once all the moving and setup is done. We'll actually have a place to assemble our products and start shipping them. Exciting times.

Speaking of exciting times... When I left our new facility Saturday evening my motorcycle began leaking oil all over the place. It was night time and I didn't realize this was happening for about a mile and when I did, I immediately shut it off and pulled to the side of the road. I recently changed the oil in the bike and when I did, I unscrewed this die-cast piece that holds the oil filter in place and as I took it out a small piece of metal fell off of it. I saw it, showed it to my dad and we both thought that it might not matter because it didn't immediately appear to screw up the gasket on the part so we figured it might seal just fine. When we started it and ran it, it did run just fine but not Saturday night gents. So, here I am on the side of the road about a mile from home with a motorcycle that I am certainly not going to run and my phone is very nearly dead. I tried to reach my boss who actually had a truck and a trailer with him, but no dice. I got in touch with another employee, fellow MSSM alum and all around awesome guy (Adam) who came and helped me out. After calling AAA and figuring out I did not opt for the RV and motorcycle package so I was not eligible for free service.... we decided to man up and push the bike.

So, we pushed the bike and it was pretty much really hard. I was able to coast on it for a little ways and Adam pushed me along to help. We actually gained a lot of distance this way but by the time we made it to my house we were out of breath and sweating bullets. It was well into the 80's that evening too. So after getting some water and thanking Adam profusely, I now have a bike in the garage with a pretty serious oil leak. Hoping to get on that this week and see about sealing it or getting a replacement piece.

Go figure that the largest malfunction my bike has ever had happens essentially my first night in Westbrook. I feel like life has this way of giving you bullshit just as you become an adult to try and mess with you. Another example is the dresser I own which has intermittent problems with opening/closing drawers. Sounds like no big deal right? No. That shit is fucking obnoxious. It would literally lock you out of certain drawers but only sometimes when this internal lock thing got messed up. I JUST WANT TO ACESS MY FRESH UNDIES, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?! WHO MADE THIS THING ANYWAYS?!

After messing with it last summer and before I moved it here, it started pulling more creative bullshit. Luckily life didn't plan on me bringing a fucking Dewalt power drill to the game. Solved that shit. That's right life, bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment