Saturday, August 31, 2013

... Well that's just the cat's nuts!

So our kitten Remy had his manhood removed recently. This was him the morning after the procedure.
Considering...I mean that's pretty good honestly.
Been doing a lot of stuff at work recently (not like that is unusual...) but Friday we got to pour concrete for another site (relatively local). We needed two trucks to fill the hole for a 75 ft. monopole and a pole for a solar panel rack. In the morning I was running a concrete vibrator and in the afternoon I was programming stuff cause that's how we roll. Cool fact, this concrete has metal fibers in it which allows the foundation to be poured without rebar, pretty slick.

Don't fall in! That's a big hole.
My sister is home visiting from NYC, so I am hanging out back home with her and the family. She went wedding dress shopping today so I was left to my own devices at home.... where I realized I don't actually have a bed anymore. Kind of strange to not have a bed at your family's house, luckily we have a couch. Sleeping in strange places seems to be a common theme for me on the weekends recently, so the couch isn't too bad. 

I got the chance to sandblast my heat exchangers and paint them with some high temperature engine enamel. They look pretty decent, there was one spot that could possibly need some attention. I might eventually braze a little gap in the sheet metal closed but I might also just not worry about it. Hopefully the paint will preserve the metal for years to come.

It's weird all these people are going back to college, gives me a strange grown-up feeling. Things are kind of slowing down now that the college kids are leaving but I'm honestly feeling pretty OK with that. I made a list of stuff to do once I moved to Westbrook and I recently reviewed it... well let's just say I've got some stuff to do and I think this will give me a chance to get myself realigned to a more consistent schedule.  

I'll be off to NYC the middle of next week with Morgan and Chris. Looking for sweet things to do while I'm there so if you guys have any suggestions, let me know! Also, I miss you wankers!

No comments:

Post a Comment