Thursday, August 8, 2013

Back To Square One

Just got done with my job at the fair picking up trash and shoveling horse poop for minimum wage. Surprisingly I was really enjoying the job. Everyone I was working with had a good sense of humor and we managed to make this literally crappy job pretty entertaining.

Well once that job was done I got a call from Elliot telling me that Nature's Classroom got a hold of him and told him that they had to rescind the offer for the job. Well this set me in a panic so I gave them a call. Turns out I don't have a job with them. This has sort of messed up everything I've had planned and I'm back to where I was last month, except now I know UMaine denied me. It's all rather disconcerting.

So I'm on the job hunt again. Grumble grumble. In the meantime I've been watching a hell of a lot of this show, The Thick of It. I started watching because they announced the 12th Doctor would be played by Peter Capaldi, who became famous playing Malcolm Tucker on The Thick of It. It's sort of like The Office, but set in the Minister of Social Affairs office and with a lot more cursing. Malcolm Tucker turns cussing into a high art form. Some of my favorites so far:

You are a real boring fuck. Sorry, sorry, I know you disapprove of swearing so I'll sort that out. You are a boring F, star, star, CUNT! 

Just fucking do it! Otherwise you'll find yourself in some medieval war zone in the Caucasus with your arse in the air, trying to persuade a group of men in balaclavas that sustained sexual violence is not the fucking way forward! 

Don't get sarcastic with me, son. We burned this tight-arsed city to the ground in 1814. And I'm all for doing it again, starting with you, you frat fuck. You get sarcastic with me again and I will stuff so much cotton wool down your fucking throat it'll come out your arse like the tail on a Playboy bunny. 

Does that not fit within your purview, Marie Antoinette? Why don't you just scuttle off back to fucking Cranford and play around with your tea and your cakes and your fucking horse cocks. Let them eat cock! 

Christ on a bendy-bus. Don't be such a fucking faff arse. 

Good fuckity bye bye! 

So at least we know this next Doctor can properly pull off angry. This fan trailer is also worth watching.

Well back to watching that and trying to ignore the impending doom that is my life currently.

2 comments:

  1. 1. That show sounds awesome. I actually think I may have heard someone quote that F, star, star line one time...

    2. If you want to start a mudslinging campaign/ fake grassroots movement against nature's classroom... I'm totally down. F, star, star etc.

    3. I think whatever you do you always make the best of it and you seem to bring out the best in others. Don't get discouraged.... you're gonna get dat.

    4.^ That was a way more serious comment that I intended, but still true.

    ReplyDelete