Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Coffee

Today was a steak and eggs kind of day. So today, I had steak and eggs for breakfast. There are really three important points that make a steak and eggs breakfast.

  1. Don't do it too often, you'll ruin the magic.
  2. Remember, this is an occasion.
  3. Always make like wayyyyyy more steak than eggs.

So right now I'm waiting to hear back about a job as a Potato Scientist. I don't know the official title but I'm sticking with that because that is what the description sounded like. Basically driving around picking up potatoes and then testing them for quality and stuff. I'm hopeful, since it's a good paying job near home that ends around December, so exactly what I was look for. Also, I'd get to put Potato Scientist on Facebook, and that's important.

That doesn't start for a week or so, so in the meantime it's same old unemployed crapola. A lot of spending all day really really tired and having difficulty doing stuff because I'm so tired and just wanting to go to bed. Then I crawl into bed when I just can't take it anymore and suddenly a carnival pops into my head that no amount of melatonin seems to be able to shut the hell up. The next day I wake up and I'm really really tired and having difficulty doing stuff because I'm so tired and I just want to go to bed. Then I crawl into bed when I just can't take it anymore and suddenly a carnival pops into my head that no amount of melatonin seems to be able to shut the hell up and so I wake up the next day and I'm really really tired....

This is literally the only problem I'm dealing with on any level right now. Twenty four hour days, seven day weeks, over three months now spent almost exclusively just trying to tackle a basic insomnia problem and no dice. The thing is I know what's causing it. I'm not doing anything and apparently when I don't do anything, I absolutely cannot justify sleeping. My brain starts looking over the day and goes "Really? That's what we did. Fuck that you need to learn a skill or something Jesus Christ!".

Oh well, I'm going to try the bed thing again. Maybe it'll work this time. It won't, but a man has to dream.

1 comment:

  1. Exercise man. I started sleeping like 1000x better when I started riding my bike. Plus it gets the adrenaline going so when you get back you are ready to take on the world (or the laundry).

    ReplyDelete