Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Nickel-Free Belt Buckle

So, I've been meaning to hit up Portland Greendrinks ever since I heard about it last summer. It happens once a month and is held at a different non-profit location each time, $5 and your own cup gets you two glasses of good beer and as much as you want after they announce an open bar. This time it was at the Maine Yacht Center, I went with a couple of friends. It's supposed to be a "networking" thing but from what I hear it is more of a young person meet up.
There was some lady who spoke about cleaning up the ocean and there is this boat they used with a tiny ROV that goes around the ocean. They find unclaimed lobster traps (usually because their buoys got cut) and other ocean debris. Kind of cool actually the boat they use was originally built specifically for Dodge Morgan to be the first man to sail across the world with no stops, which he did. More on the boat here. They let us climb into the boat and check it out too. I will definitely be going to another greendrinks when it comes up, it was full of people in our age range who are either doing cool things or like good beer so it seems like the place to be.
All my yachts


Don't worry I know the confused looking girl, it's cool. 
In other news, weeks go by fast when you work full-time. Yikes.... 

Also possibly Tyler soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment