Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fixing the Queen's Windmill

It's been a while, so I'm just gonna dump some pictures and say some stuff.

So, this guy totally came over.

Yup, that's a bacon weave on my patio. 
That was a wild weekend and yes my roommates were a little perturbed by everyone staying over. We probably should've planned a little better, but it all worked out in the end. Ship it. 

I went to see Bare Naked Ladies, Guster and Ben Folds Five (which consists of 3 people). It was pretty awesome, the Havus were there (Sup James? I know you're probably reading this you creepy fuck) which was cool and Danny Friedman too. We were able to finagle our way up to some much better seats than what we paid for which was quite awesome.

Bare Naked Ladies
I wish the show was a little more Guster focused but Bare Naked Ladies were awesome and also hilarious. Definitely a good time. The only problem was the timing, it was on a Sunday night in Bangor... Let's just say I was dragging a little bit Monday morning.

I also bought a grill and a suburban fire pit/holder/enormoussaladbowl thing. Still need a gas bottle though, apparently a new one is like $45, which is kinda lame.
Gravity defying grill!
Visited the guy who is doing my bus motor, they should be finishing the heads in the next two weeks (sureee.....), I hope. In the meantime, we sorted out all of the tin and identified a few pieces I still needed to sand blast. So, I got a little bit of that done while I was home.


At work we've been running around like chickens with our heads cut off, which is standard operating procedure for any real startup. One of the cooler and more challenging tasks I've been involved with has been keeping one of our Alpha installations up and running. The cool part about this installation is the land owners also happen to own a certain high performance electric car... In other news, I actually saw TWO Teslas today.... I mean that might be all of the ones in Maine to be real. On my way back to work from the site we passed one on the road, my Tesla radar went off hardcore and I caught it turning the corner. WANT.

Hate it when I run into shit in my Model S... that'll buff out right?
Of course I've been making the rounds in and about Portland. Went to trivia this week and got some indian food. Also been keeping this damn kitten from tearing down the house. Oh, and my motorcycle is kinda sorta almost fixed.... After cleaning the carbs and finding sand in them, we put them back together only to find that we did something wrong. Took them apart again seeing nothing really wrong and then put them back together. Essentially we did the mechanical equivalent of turning it on and then off again and they kind of work now. So, I'll be adjusting that shit and riding to work when it doesn't threaten rain. 

Our software engineer has his last day tomorrow at Pika, kind of a bummer that he's leaving because he's an ultra cool guy (MSSM alum actually) and he's also very good at what he does. It will be interesting to see how the engineering team (me and this other guy) pick up the slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment