Sunday, January 20, 2013

Launching T-shirts into the Future

So, I've got 9 credits this semester and I'm working for my prof doing undergrad research which was been pretty damn cool so far. Last Wednesday Dave and I didn't have a whole lot to do seeing as it was the first week of classes, so we made the trek out to Hermon Mountain for a little skiing. I haven't been skiing in 7 years so I wanted to get my ski-legs under me again. Essentially Hermon "Mountain" is the smallest ski area I've ever been to. It takes literally under a minute to get to the bottom of the hill and then it's back to the chair lift. I think their slogan should be "Come ride the lift at Hermon Hill!" I only ate it once and it was pretty hilarious. Hopefully we'll get some folks together and make a trip out to sugarloaf in the next few weeks.

My folks came up for the hockey game friday evening where we tied Merrimack 1-1. Umaine continued our heavy use of the two shots our offense has in its arsenal, the "one-timer" and shooting directly at the goalie. Anyways, we launched t-shirts at Friday and Saturday nights games. Since the changing of the guard in robotics club, I'm not really on the hook to do much of anything anymore. I helped a bunch of Friday getting the launcher setup and moving it, etc. Then at Saturday's game I checked up on the crew and then I said "You know, I've never seen this thing operate from the stands... I'm gonna go do that." So, I did. Everything worked great both nights and the crowd was lovin it. Feels good to know everything is in capable hands for next year.

Blast me a shirt dude!
Also, found out that Who Wants to be a Millionaire on the PS2 is wicked entertaining with a group of college kids on a Saturday night. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment