Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Crank File

"Seeing much, suffering much, and studying much, are the three pillars of learning." -Benjamin Disraeli

I like that quote, thanks Benji. That second pillar has been firmly lodged up my ass for weeks and as a result I seem to have not posted for over a month. Most unfortunate. A month is a long time. What'd I miss?


Well Barry Soetoro is president again, I don't have a bedroom anymore and I can now legally marry either of you fine bitches in your respective states of residence and yes that was a proposal.


My Uncle and cousin from Michigan have moved into my bedroom since Tim is disabled (legs/hands don't work) due to the swine flu. His mom wanted to put him in a home of some kind and my Uncle said hell no and took him back to Maine. Bad news is I don't have a room. Good news is my Uncle is an engineering minded kind hearted dude who has every intention of working with Trevor and I to get the 196_ Jeep Pickup that is buried in the ground in our back yard back in working order. The biggest problem is my brother and I smashed the back window with a rock when we were young and the interior is completely rotted out as result. Also it is literally buried, like sunk probably a foot into the dirt. My Uncle Lee left it there years before I was born and the hope is to get it working again, don't tell him, drive it to the next family gathering. Trevor now works at the Ford dealer in town cleaning the cars so he has access to spare parts apparently. Point is, I've got a Christmas break project and I'm excited. Well a project on top of applying to grad school. My current list contains 23 schools, that is going to get cleaved in half the next time I have a chance to look it over. Probably gonna cut it in half again after that.


Also I learned an interesting perk about having a Physics PhD the other day. Dr. Loucks walked into class with a letter that he wanted to share with us. It was from the Florida State Penitentiary from a gentlemen who had developed a hydrodynamics theory to better society as a whole. It had some nice drawings of fish on it. He put it in the crank file with the other 2-3 crazy letters a semester they receive. One of the best was a large box of scrap metal and all it said on it was "For Your Space Program". They scanned it with a Geiger counter before getting too close.


Finally a formal apology for skipping out on every Google Hangout ever. I am quite literally fighting for my academic life down here, but Christmas break is coming and will be followed by next semester which will be much easier. The future is going to be okay.




1 comment:

  1. Wait wait wait wait wai.... THERE IS A WILLYS PICK UP IN YOUR BACK YARD?!

    Also, FYI as I told Tony I will buy you a one way plane ticket here.

    ReplyDelete