Sunday, November 25, 2012

Black Friday Trippin'

Figured I'd make a quick post about some adventures from break. Got home to find my sister's cat had climbed a tree to avoid being chased by Carmen (dog). The cat then fell about 25 ft on his back hitting a picnic table thing. He hit pretty hard but after a trip to the vet, it was confirmed that he was alright. He just bit his lip and was bleeding from it a bit. 8 lives left big guy...

Anyways, did the Thanksgiving thing. Ate till I couldn't eat anymore, napped, etc, etc. Here are some photos from our trip to Oxbow Brewery in Newcastle, ME.

Oxbow Kegs
Thanksgiving Feast!


Brewery Tour
Apparently you can only get Oxbow in Maine and in part of DC. Strange coincidence because that is how my sister knows about Oxbow. Anyways, we did a sampling of there stuff and it was all pretty good. I would recommend freestyle #11 if you ever get the chance but getting ahold of the stuff is about as seldom as puberty at this point. Hopefully they'll take off and get more distributers, the whole place is a 7 man operation right now which is pretty cool.

In other news, I finally got around to sandblasting my second set of VW bus heads to bring to the machine shop. The first set were cracked, so hopefully these ones work out. Cleaning heads is very labor intensive. I literally soaked them in gasoline for weeks, wire brushed them, threw every type of solvent we had at them, pressure washed them and then sandblasted them. When I took them to the machine shop the machinist said they still weren't THAT clean. Yeah this guy is a little anal but that is the type of machinist you want. Anyways, hopefully that works out and we'll start assembling the lower end of the engine over christmas break. Basically that means the case will be bolted together and piston rods will be poking out, beyond that we need the cylinder heads to be complete which they probably won't be by then. I also e-mailed a dude about rebuilding my carbs.

Oh, I'm also planning on accepting a job offer from Pika Energy this week. That probably deserves more introduction but long story short, we're gonna kick the shit out of the small wind industry. So, I guess I'll be moving to the Portland area after graduation.... The future is going to be more than O.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment