Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sailplanes and Cake in a Mug

This weekend I went up to Arlington to finally learn to fly gliders.  I was hanging out on the flightline all day.  I only got one flight in, but learned plenty about their ground operation as well.  We basically operate out of the grass between the runway and the ramp.  The towplanes tow you up, our practice area is the to the East of the airport, and then you come in on a 45 degree angle to the runway and land, where you get retrieved by a guy in a golfcart and you drag the glider up to the takeoff point.  A great bunch of very nice knowledgeable people!  It is a little chilly though, I will need warmer socks for next weekend.


I went back today, but do to crappy weather there was no flying.  We did do some ground school stuff though.

Tonight on the internets I discovered mug cake.  I had the stuff to make it, so I tried it.  Turns out that stuff is delicious.  It does expand quite a bit as it cooks though, so I opened the microwave door to a leaning tower of cake.  Frosted with Nutella it is even tastier.



No comments:

Post a Comment