Friday, May 17, 2013

Final Days

Looks like I'm going to graduate boys. Got my grades in and as it turns out C's really do earn degrees. I was really on the edge the past few weeks and I'm happy I was able to pull myself back from it.

The family is now bunked up in the freshmen dorm near my apartment. We're going to Niagara Falls in the morning since it is two hours away and the relatives haven't been there. Having trouble sleeping so thought I'd make a quick post.

Really kind of avoiding bed since I know we're going to really dig into packing the apartment up tomorrow. As a result I know this apartment will not look the same when I go to bed next time and will be completely cleaned out come Saturday. I've lived here for the past two years so it's kind of a bummer to see it all go out. Had some very good times here, you can tell because we tend to hang good time souvenirs on the walls/ceilings. There are white boards covered in quotes, flags from the Civil War, a diagram of Wisconsin cheeses, a tea bag hanging from the ceiling, a plastic owl with sunglasses, a pencil drawing by a strange engineer type we all nicknamed "Capt. Gravity" and a giant cast iron metal ring referred to only as "The Inside Joke". Makes me think of all the Lower A relics. The thing is that this apartment, for the past year, has been a sort of nerd capital. Most people we hang out with just called it HQ. It is where you could be assured that the party would have an optimal number of obscure references and large drunk boffer games around 2 AM. Tomorrow it all comes down and moves out and I'm gonna miss it.

Oh well. So it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations buddy! Onward to more adventures. We're all degree'd now... just think what might happen next.

    ReplyDelete