Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Yes and Another Raspberry Pie

Just another dump of pictures of things I've been up to lately. 
Bonsai trees! 
Last weekend Hamlin invited me to come over and make Kimchi. For those of you who don't know, it's a spicy, delicious fermented side that you can put on all kinds of stuff. You can put it on noodles, eggs, pasta and just straight up eat it.
Kimchi Makin'
After you cut up all the vegetables you have to let it sit and ferment at room temp for a few days. Mine has been spewing some stuff as it ferments. After it settles down you stick it in the fridge for a while and I think it's good for eating after a couple of weeks. Apparently it lasts for months too, which is awesome because it's kind of a messy endeavor to make.

Wire brushin'
I've been redoing the front seats for my bus. Since they were fairly rusty, I wanted to sandblast them. Since they're so big I would've had to do it outside with the awesome sandblaster I bought a couple summers ago. However since it's ya know... January. I'm not real keen on doing that. So, I wire brushed them instead and I've got some sort of rust restoring paint to use. These will be well undercover so I'm not too worried about it. It took a lot of brushing though.

Trashcan Slinger 3000
I got around to characterizing the motor I plan on using for the rowing machine. I'm calling it the REbus Rower, for those of you watching at home. I jimmied up this ghetto testing setup with the brake tester at work. Luckily I was just testing open circuit voltage so since there was little to no torque, I got away with spinning the motor like this. Turns out this motor is roughly 0.2V/RPM.

Raspberry Pie Round 2
Last night I made it over to the Havu Estate for dinner. I tried making another raspberry pie that was less thick.... it turned out ok but still thicker than I wanted. I've gotta nail down that recipe. MORE PIE. 

Tonight I went to my first improv class. It's going to be a weekly thing for a few weeks I guess (when does this thing end again?). It was pretty fun and I think it'll be a nice outlet from work and it'll be fun to interact with people I don't normally see.


No comments:

Post a Comment